Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Happy Fall, Ya'll!

Technically fall started a week ago but, for some reason, October feels like Fall with a capital F. The days are definitely getting shorter and the weather is getting cooler. Not quite to the low 70's yet, but at least I don't sweat walking the 10 steps from my house to the car in the morning.
Current temp. Not too bad. Wish that 82 for tomorrow was a misprint...
On a side note: I just happened to look and see what the weather was like in St. Petersburg, Russia. I think they just skipped fall completely and went straight to winter.
Anyways...nothing really exciting to report here on the blog. A "stealth" life project is underway but normal day to day operations continue apace. I transitioned to a more supervisory position at work about three weeks ago (same amount of work, better pay) so I've been doing some training and trying to keep my small team motivated (and myself too, honestly).

I've recently gotten into essential oils (is that something you can "get into"?) and have a few basic things like lavender, peppermint, and eucalyptus.
A sampling of my essential oils collection.
I've made one of my own "concoctions" and I went ahead and ordered a book on the most common uses for different essential oils. Maybe it's a placebo but I have slept incredibly well the last few nights after I put the "Stress Less" formula on the bottoms of my feet.

As far as Walking With Orphans goes I've redone the website, started to advertise for our second annual Fun Run, and will be boxing up jackets, hats, socks, and sweaters to send out all across Eastern Europe and Russia soon. I'm thinking about taking a day off work just to get the storage unit organized and things packed up to be sent off.

I think that's everything for now. Just a quick post to welcome the changing weather and bring you (mostly) up to speed on my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment