Friday, December 27, 2013

We Made It

12 hours of flying, 6 pieces of luggage, 3 countries, 2 connecting flights, and a partridge in a pear tree...Yes, mom and I made it to Romania! I'm suffering the full effects of getting a grand total of 2, very poor quality, hours of sleep on the multiple plan rides we took. My mom, thankfully, got much more sleep than I did. And, I'm glad to say, we both made it to 10:00 p.m. Romania time before we decided to call it a night. I have had a nice hot shower and will be taking some meds to help me relax and then get some shut eye myself.

It has already been great being back and seeing so many people who I know and love! And, my sweet Iulian wrote me a very thoughtful letter telling me he was sorry that he might not be able to see me this year.
The outside of the card/letter.
I also got a very nice surprise from my friend, Lexi, who came on the holiday trip last year when I was here...an arm knitted scarf! Very cool and super thoughtful!
Pardon my horrible, plane-ride-flattened hair and lack of make up. Just focus on the scarf.
Alright, well, that's the update from day one here! Hopefully I'll be able to check in again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment