Saturday, February 8, 2014

Simple Woman's Daybook: Feb. 8 Edition

I have a friend who takes part in the Simple Woman's Daybook quite frequently. It's good for a quick peek into what she's doing so I thought I would give it a try.
 
 
 
FOR TODAY
Outside my window...
It's a surprisingly beautiful day! Not too cold and no rain. Looks like we have some snow flurries and ice/hail in the forecast for later this week.
View from the upstairs window.
What is up with the weather on Tuesday and Wednesday?

I am thinking...
About the 5 or 6 lists I have going in various places and all I need to take care of today.
I am thankful...
For a weekend with no outside obligations!
In the kitchen...
Ummm....I try to stay out of the kitchen. Tomorrow I'm making some deviled eggs though!
I am wearing...
Jeans and a University of Arkansas at Monticello sweatshirt. Go Boll Weevils!
I am creating...
A blanket! It looks like a long strip but this will be knitted together with other strips to make a patchwork style blanket. I'm using a bunch of yarn scraps.
Almost ready to start the second strip!
I am going...
Nowhere for the rest of the day if I can help it.
I am wondering...
What's wrong with my elbow. I had surgery on it when I was 5 (dislocated it on the playground) and there is cartilage loss or something that has given me minor problems over the years. However, recently it's been aching pretty bad. I thought it was because of how I slept on it and/or from lifting weights but I'm not 100% sure...
I am reading...
Mockingjay (the last book in the Hunger Game series), a book on short term play therapy, and US weekly :)
I am hoping...
My motivation for cleaning and crossing off things from my to-do list keeps up for the rest of the weekend.
I am looking forward to...
Watching some of the Olympics tonight.
I am learning...
How to speak Romanian. My second lesson lasted nearly 3 hours last night!
Around the house...
Not much going on today. Dad has a cold, mom is at work, my brother and sister-in-law came over for a bit, everyone (except me) may go for a walk at Stone Mountain later today...
I am pondering...
A lot...but nothing I'm ready to share with everyone yet :)
A favorite quote for today...
Found this yesterday and love it:
 
One of my favorite things...
Seeing my cat sunbathing.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Work, work, work...Gym Dawgs (UGA gymnastics meet) on Friday, Kidsignment (second hand kids clothing sale) on Saturday...
A peek into my day...
See above :)

If you want to do your own daybook, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment