Sunday, August 17, 2014

Socks, Socks, Socks

I haven't posted lately about what I've been knitting but it can be summed up in one word: socks.

For some reason I was hit with the desire to knit socks and the obsession has been going strong for about two months. In that time I have knit 6 pairs and there is another pair started already. Granted, these are small socks, intended for little people, but still...6 pairs in two months.

At least his yearning for socks has resulted in some of my HUGE stash of sock yarn being used up.

The first 3 pairs I made were with some rainbow hued sock yarn (Zauberball if you're interested).
This is the first pair I made. I'm calling them the "Hot and Cold Socks" since they look so different (they really are from the same ball of yarn).

These are the  second and third pair I made (sorry it's sideways...I could fix it but I'm lazy). They are made with roughly the same stitch count but the second pair is a little longer and leaner. For someone with narrow feet I guess.
After I used up all the Zauberball I picked up two skeins of Knit Pick Stroll (one solid, one variegated) and made these. They are a 38 stitch waffle pattern used in a lot of charity knitting. These socks are pretty warm and thick. They'll go well in some boots or even just for hanging out on a cold day.
This is is pair I've currently started. They're actually almost to the heel turn but I didn't take a picture of that. The cuff is a linen stitch which gives it some nice texture. I have no idea what kind of yarn it is because I got this from someone who started some socks of their own and then decided they weren't really the sock knitting type. I'm using a pattern from a Cat Bordhi book: New Pathways for Sock Knitters. I also made two little learning socks from that book but forgot to take a picture of them (that would be the other 2 completed pairs). All the socks I've made will go to charity though I am contemplating making a pair for myself soon.

I am continuing to knit every day in order to keep my sanity (or what's left of it). So, even if I'm not sharing about it, chances are I'm making something.

No comments:

Post a Comment