Thursday, January 30, 2014

Snow Day

In case you have been living under a rock Atlanta got a little bit of snow on Tuesday.
People were abandoning their cars after being stranded for hours. [Source]

Spaghetti Junction...eerie without all the cars on it. [Source]
Downtown ATL just hours after the snow had been falling. [Source]
Things got bad quickly because all the schools, government agencies, and businesses waited until after the snow started to fall before they called it an early day. Then everyone tried to leave all at once, a disaster we live through on a normal day but significantly compounded by the snow. Deicer trucks couldn't get out on the roads because of all the traffic. I don't blame anyone for waiting until it started actually snowing, we've been through this many times before and gotten little to no actual snow. I don't know that there was a better way to handle the situation. We're just not prepared for this kind of thing! I really feel for the people who had to sleep in their cars and especially the teachers and students who ended up sleeping on buses or at schools.

Everything was pretty much shut down Wednesday.
This about sums it up...
A snow/ice day meant I (tried) to work from home. I didn't have a ton of stuff to do so I quit about an hour and half earlier than I normally would. Bonus: I got to wear my pajama pants and wool socks all day :)
Hope everyone is safe and warm today! Be careful if you're like me and heading back out to work as usual today.

No comments:

Post a Comment