Sunday, January 19, 2014

Productive Saturday

Yesterday I woke up a bit earlier than expected and not in the best of moods. However, I was determined to not have the day be a total bust so I took my time getting breakfast and waking up and then headed out with my dad to buy some groceries. I was planning on taking my car to the shop but decided to wait until Monday when I would have a little more time. Instead I headed to Target. I'd been instructed by a co-worker that I needed to "live a little" and actually spend the gift cards I'd been given rather than squirreling them away. I had 4 gift cards and the amount was embarrassing (in that it was so high). I bought myself some new skinny jeans, a pair of jeggings, some socks, a new sports bra, and some contact solution. Just the right amount of responsible and "splurge" (since I consider anything outside of a necessity a splurge, like new jeans when I have 5 pairs...just no skinny ones!).

On a side note I would like to retract what I have previously said about jeggings (which isn't anything nice). I tried on a pair and they were sooooo comfortable. And I'll be darned if I'm not going to wear them. I feel reasonably comfortable with my body and think it would be acceptable of me to wear jeggings with the proper ensemble. So there.

After shopping I came home and cleaned: dusted, vacuumed, picked up a little, did laundry. And then I napped. And it was awesome.

I even had time to finish a little knitting.



Just another Be Faithful hat. I promise I'm actually considering knitting something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment